Re: [GIT PULL] sound fixes for 3.6-rc6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 07:51:28 EST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git for-linus

*PLEASE* don't do this.

You point to a branch, but then the pull request clearly implies there
is a tag with extra information in it.

And indeed, the actual thing I should pull is not at all "for-linus",
it seems to be your "tags/sound-3.6" tag.

I don't know if this is the old "git pull-request" breakage where it
stupidly "corrects" the remote branch when it verifies the branch
name, or whether it's some other scripting problem. I think current
git versions should not mess up the tag information, if that's the
cause, but please verify.

Linus