Re: linux-next: Tree for Sept 12 (kernel-panic after pressing any keyat X login)

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Thu Sep 13 2012 - 01:29:27 EST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Changes since 201209011:
>>
>> The pci tree lost its build failure.
>>
>> The mfd tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
>>
>> The omap_dss2 tree lost its conflict.
>>
>> The trivial tree gained a conflict against the mfd tree.
>>
>> The kvm tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
>>
>> The workqueues tree gained a conflict against the omap_dss2 tree.
>>
>> The usb tree gained conflicts against the usb.current tree.
>>
>> The staging tree gained a conflict against the thermal tree and a build
>> failure for which I applied a merge fix patch.
>>
>> The tegra tree gained conflicts against the usb and arm-perf trees.

> Hi,
>
> this weeks linux-next seems to bring new and new issues, yay :-)!
>
> I have taken a photo, but can't say what can have caused.
> The issue is reproducible...
> Immediately, after pressing any key (when X-display-manager (lightdm)
> and X-greeter are up) my machine panics and is no more usable (cold
> rough brutal killer restart).
> Note: Using upstart or systemd does not matter.
>
> Any pointer to an area where to dig into or any feedback in general is welcome!
>
> Kind Regards,
> - Sedat -

[ CC Dmitry Torokhov (linux-input maintainer) plus linux-input ML ]

By looking at my screenshot, someone could imagine that there is a
problem coming from the input GIT branch(es) merges:

input_to_handler()
input_pass_values()
input_handle_event()
input_event()

Unfortunately, with those 3 revert-patches I see the same kernel-panic.

Dimitry, any idea what can cause this kernel-panic?

- Sedat -