RE: linux-next: manual merge of the tegra tree with the tree

From: Stephen Warren
Date: Wed Sep 12 2012 - 12:14:57 EST

Greg KH wrote at Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:12 AM:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 04:43:53PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the tegra tree got a conflict in
> > arch/arm/mach-tegra/devices.c arch/arm/mach-tegra/devices.h between
> > commits 2db4ddfe6e23 ("ARM: pmu: remove arm_pmu_type enumeration") from
> > the arm-perf tree and 1ba8216f0bc0 ("usb: move phy driver from mach-tegra
> > to drivers/usb") from the usb tree and commit ba07ee57d4bc ("ARM: tegra:
> > remove dead code") from the tegra tree.
> >
> > The latter removed the files, so I did that (no action is required).
>
> Stephen (Warren that is), should be fixing this up in his tree soon, as
> he will be including the same patchset that caused this problem in his
> tree to resolve this.

This issue is something else; the issue we've been discussing doesn't
cause any merge conflict in linux-next, but rather causes a build failure
once the two trees are merged together (due to a new #include of a file
that got renamed elsewhere). I've already re-generated my for-next to
avoid that issue in tomorrow's linux-next.

--
nvpublic