Query of zram/zsmalloc promotion

From: Minchan Kim
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 22:37:07 EST

Hi all,

I would like to promote zram/zsmalloc from staging tree.
I already tried it https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/8/37 but I didn't get
any response from you guys.

I think zram/zsmalloc's code qulity is good and they
are used for many embedded vendors for a long time.
So it's proper time to promote them.

The zram should put on under driver/block/. I think it's not
arguable but the issue is which directory we should keep *zsmalloc*.

Now Nitin want to keep it with zram so it would be in driver/blocks/zram/
But I don't like it because zsmalloc touches several fields of struct page
freely(and AFAIRC, Andrew had a same concern with me) so I want to put
it under mm/.

In addtion, now zcache use it, too so it's rather awkward if we put it
under dirver/blocks/zram/.

So questions.

To Andrew:
Is it okay to put it under mm/ ? Or /lib?

To Jens:
Is it okay to put zram under drvier/block/ If you are okay, I will start sending
patchset after I sort out zsmalloc's location issue.

--
Kind regards,
Minchan Kim