Re: KS/Plumbers: c-state governor BOF

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Tue Sep 11 2012 - 12:24:14 EST

On 09/12/2012 12:15 AM, Youquan Song wrote:
Your patches could make a lot of sense when integrated with my
patches:

http://people.redhat.com/riel/cstate/
However, we should probably get the tracepoint upstream first,
so we can know for sure :)

I can not access the patches at this directory. Can you send it to me?
I will look at your patches and then integrated with my patches to look
what will happen tomorrow.

Argh, fixed!

Do you have test case share? or ideas how to show the benefit.

I have done many test for my pathes. It show some benefit big or small
in various cases, but there is no negative effect showed at least.

I have two onviced test cases to show the great benefit
1. turbostat v1 (before 3.5)
2. I write the simple test application which also show greate benefit.
running it by #./idle_predict -l 8

I write a simple application using usleep which it is clear to the
repeat mode prediction failure will greatly effect the application with
such repeat pattern.

Your test looks exactly like the kind of thing that could benefit
from my changes to the menu governor :)

--
All rights reversed