Re: [ 10/44] ALSA: hda - remove quirk for Dell Vostro 1015

From: David Henningsson
Date: Tue Aug 14 2012 - 01:17:40 EST

From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

3.0-stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let me know.

As my previous email states, I still object to this patch being applied to 3.0 (it is for 3.2+). Repeating that text now:

This patch will not work on 3.0 because there is no model=auto fallback, so please remove it from 3.0-stable-queue.

In the original patch [1], the cc to stable was written as this:

Cc: stable@xxxxxxxxxx (3.2+)

Is there a better way to specify what kernels it should and should not be applied to, as it doesn't seem to have worked in this case?

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commit;h=e9fc83cb2e5877801a255a37ddbc5be996ea8046

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic