Re: [flame^Wreview] net: netprio_cgroup: rework update socket logic

From: John Fastabend
Date: Mon Aug 13 2012 - 12:58:06 EST

[...]

HOWEVER, it still doesn't address more fundamental problem - somebody
creating a socket and passing it to you in SCM_RIGHTS datagram will
leave you with a socket you can do IO on, still tagged according to who
had created it.

AFAICS, the whole point of that exercise was to allow third-party changing
the priorities of traffic on sockets already created by a process we now
move to a different cgroup. Consider e.g. this:

Correct that is the point of the exercise.

To fix this specific case we could add a call to sock_update_netprioidx
in scm_recv to set the sk_cgrp_prioidx value.