Re: NULL pointer dereference in selinux_ip_postroute_compat

From: John Stultz
Date: Tue Aug 07 2012 - 17:58:37 EST

On 08/07/2012 02:50 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM, John Stultz <john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
With my kvm environment using 3.6-rc1+, I'm seeing NULL pointer
dereferences in selinux_ip_postroute_compat(). It looks like the sksec value
is null and we die in the following line:

if (selinux_xfrm_postroute_last(sksec->sid, skb, &ad, proto))

This triggers every time I shutdown the machine, but has also triggered
randomly after a few hours.

This is on an ubuntu 12.04 image, not using selinux.
NOTE: Adding the SELinux list to the CC line
Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying to understand this and I was hoping you could you clarify a
few things for me:

* Is the panic in the Ubuntu 12.04 guest, or the host? If the host,
could you share what distribution you are using?
Sorry, its a 12.04 guest. I think the host is Ubuntu 12.04 as well.

* When you say you are not using SELinux, could you be more specific?
It seems odd that you are not using SELinux but the panic is happening
in a SELinux hook.
I just mean that, being Ubuntu, the system (userland) isn't configured to use selinux. SELinux is just enabled in the kernel config.

thanks
-john