Re: Emulating level IRQs

From: Daniel Mack
Date: Tue Aug 07 2012 - 11:19:09 EST

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.On 06.08.2012 18:36, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 09:45:13AM +0800, Eric Miao wrote:
>
>> So my understanding, if it's correct, that we can treat the EETI chip as having
>> two separate inputs: one IRQ line (for the event notification) and one GPIO line
>> (for a condition where data are emptied), we could naturally have two numbers
>> in the driver, but unfortunately they end up being in sync as they are
>> physically
>> one pin.
>
> ...unless the interrupt controller supports level IRQs at which point we
> don't need the GPIO, of course :/ .

Exactly. My question was rather - like the subject says ;) - if there is
a way to emulate level IRQs on controllers that can't do that natively.

But ok, I followed Eric's suggestion now and implemented it that way.
This also works fine for me.

Dmitry, are you fine with that patch?

Many thanks for the input, everyone!
Daniel