Re: [GIT PULL] core kernel fixes

From: Darren Hart
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 13:26:36 EST

On 08/03/2012 10:01 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Darren Hart <dvhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 08/03/2012 09:31 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>>> Linus,
>>>
>>> Please pull the latest core-urgent-for-linus git tree from:
>>>
>>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git core-urgent-for-linus
>>>
>>> HEAD: 6f7b0a2a5c0fb03be7c25bd1745baa50582348ef futex: Forbid uaddr == uaddr2 in futex_wait_requeue_pi()
>>>
>>> Various futex fixes for bugs Darren Hart found via his
>>> testsuite.
>>>

>> Minor correction. I fixed two bugs reported by Dave Jones
>> (found with his trinity test) and Dan Carpenter through static
>> analysis. The other I found while debugging the first two.
>> Credit where credit is due.
>
> Hm, from the wording of the changelogs I thought you were
> running those tests. Please put such bug reporting info into the
> changelog and/or add a Reported-by tag next time around -
> testers are our most valuable contributors.

I see the attribution of the testing I left only in the cover letter, my
apologies, sloppy of me.

I had followed Dave's request that I mention trinity and CC him on bugs
found with trinity - but looking at that patch now, it doesn't attribute
that well enough.

I'll correct this in the future.

--
Darren Hart