Re: [vmw_vmci 11/11] Apply the header code to make VMCI build

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Thu Aug 02 2012 - 15:49:59 EST

On Friday 2012-07-27 12:34, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
>> +#ifndef _VMCI_COMMONINT_H_
>> +#define _VMCI_COMMONINT_H_
>> +
>> +#include <linux/printk.h>
>> +#include <linux/vmw_vmci_defs.h>
>
>Use inverse chrismas tree here.
>Longer include lines first, and soret alphabetically when
>lines are of the same length.

So that's where unreadable include lists come from.
Depth-first lexicographically-sorted is a lot less hassle,
especially when it comes to merging patches that each
add one different include.

>> +/*
>> + * Utilility function that checks whether two entities are allowed
>> + * to interact. If one of them is restricted, the other one must
>> + * be trusted.
>> + */
>> +static inline bool vmci_deny_interaction(uint32_t partOne,
>> + uint32_t partTwo)
>
>The kernel types are u32 not uint32_t - these types belongs in user-space.

Not really. uint32_t is the C99 type for a 32-bit quantity, and I see
absolutely zero reason not to use standardized things. The only
exception are header files visible to user space where __u32 should
be used for (obscure) reasons of avoiding naming clashes.

(Obscure because uint32_t is always supposed to be 32 bits.)