Re: [RFC 1/4] hashtable: introduce a small and naive hashtable

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Thu Aug 02 2012 - 12:40:44 EST

Sasha Levin <levinsasha928@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Heh, I've started working on it in April, and just returned to this. Didn't think about rebasing to something new.
>
> will fix - Thanks!

You might want to look at some of the work that Eric Dumazet has done in
the networking stack with rcu hashtables that can be resized.

For a trivial hash table I don't know if the abstraction is worth it.
For a hash table that starts off small and grows as big as you need it
the incent to use a hash table abstraction seems a lot stronger.

Eric