Re: post 3.5, phantom signals.

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Wed Aug 01 2012 - 11:14:29 EST

On 07/31, Dave Jones wrote:

> Since 3.5, I've started noticing weird things happening with signal delivery.
> Things I've seen so far..
>
> - long running tasks SIGINT, even though I wasn't even anywhere near the keyboard.
> - processes running inside screen/tmux disappearing (and taking the whole session with them).
>
> And now, while waiting for a kernel to build I just saw..
>
> /bin/sh: line 1: 3274 Hangup gcc

Currently I have no idea where this change could come from...

Well, not sure this will help... but if you can reproduce this,
may be you can identify the sender of the wrong SIGHUP at least.

cd /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/
echo "sig==1" >> events/signal/signal_generate/filter
echo 1 >> options/stacktrace
echo 1 >> events/signal/signal_generate/enable
cat trace_pipe > SIGHUP_TRACE

and then rebuild the kernel.

Oleg.