Re: [GIT PULL] a large btrfs update

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 18:01:46 EST

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Chris Mason <chris.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> for-linus-merged has an extra commit on top as well that changes the
> btrfs send/receive code to Al's new dentry_open. It's a small commit,
> and my guess is that you'll cherry pick it and do your own merge.

Indeed. And I dd the semantic merge differently from what you had
done, more like what Al did for XFS in commit 765927b2d508 (see the
fairly equivalent case in fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl.c).

IOW, instead of doing the unnecessary mntget() (and then undoing it
with the path_put()), I just let dentry_open() get the references it
needs, and then just dput() the dentry in the caller (to match the
dget() done by d_obtain_alias()). No need to mess with the mnt
refcounts, since dentry_open() will get whatever refcount it needs.

But while it compiles, I haven't actually *tested* the btrfs
BTRFS_IOC_SEND send/receive path, so please do double-check my merge.

Linus