Re: next/mmotm unbootable on G5: irqdomain

From: Grant Likely
Date: Mon Jul 23 2012 - 18:31:15 EST

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 01:59 -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
>> My tree must be rebased to eliminate bisect breakage. The existing
>> commits in my tree have the breakage, and fiddling with the merge
>> order doesn't affect that. I don't want to rebase though. The safest
>> approach (smallest window of breakage) is to apply that fix onto my
>> irqdomain tree.
>
> With your other breakage on pseries I'm thinking rebasing might be the
> only option...

Fair enough. I'm not planning to ask Linus to pull for a few days yet
anyway. I've been pretty useless as a kernel maintainer for the last 3
months so I want to give a bit more time in linux-next to catch
fallout before it gets merged.

As-is I'm backing off from the linear/legacy/tree merge patch as just
too risky. I've already pulled that stuff out of linux-next.

g.