Re: Share network traffic between processes with respect to a priorityvalue.

From: Jan Ceuleers
Date: Mon Jul 23 2012 - 14:55:11 EST

On 07/23/2012 05:30 PM, Sameer Rahmani wrote:
> Hi guys.
> What do you think about the idea ?

What little old me thinks about the idea is that it is not fully formed (i.e. it could do with more detail), and that you have posted in the wrong place (i.e. the networking guys hang out on the netdev mailing list).

So can I suggest that you write two or three paragraphs describing your idea and why it is desirable, and then two or three paragraphs more about how the kernel's behaviour would need to change to implement it, and then post that to netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

KR, Jan