linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with the nfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Sat Jul 21 2012 - 19:57:46 EST

Hi Al,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got conflicts in fs/cifs/dir.c,
fs/nfs/dir.c, fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c, ipc/mqueue.c, fs/open.c and fs/namei.c
between commits from the nfs tree and commits from the vfs tree.

These were all caused by the rebase of the vfs tree after it had been
merged into the nfs tree. This is one reason you should not rebase a
published tree (especially so close to the merge window).

I fixed up all the conflicts which meant taking some files from one tree
and some from the other. Now, unless the nfs tree is rebuilt (and tested
etc) we will have duplicates of a large number of patches in Linus'
tree :-(
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx