Re: Kernel crash with lspci -vv and SAS Controller LSI Logic /Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 9240

From: adam radford
Date: Wed Jul 18 2012 - 20:39:10 EST

On 7/18/12, stepping stone GmbH <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> a tail of lspci -vv http://pastebin.com/kjh8ig9q

PCI Config reads from lspci -vvv don't go through the megaraid_sas
driver itself.

It looks like your system hung up while trying to do a PCI Config read
of Capabilities 0xd0: VPD (Vital Product Data).

I have a 9240 controller, and with kernel 3.5.0-rc1, I can do lspci -vvv :

Capabilities: [d0] Vital Product Data
Unknown small resource type 00, will not decode more.
Capabilities: [a8] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000
Capabilities: [c0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=15 Masked-
Vector table: BAR=1 offset=00002000
PBA: BAR=1 offset=00003800
Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
UESta: DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt-
UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
UEMsk: DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt-
UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
UESvrt: DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt-
UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
CESta: RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
CEMsk: RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
AERCap: First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap+ CGenEn- ChkCap+ ChkEn-
Capabilities: [138] Power Budgeting <?>
Kernel driver in use: megaraid_sas
Kernel modules: megaraid_sas

Can you reproduce with kernel 3.5.0-rcX ? I would also try upgrading
your controller firmware.

-Adam