Re: Boot breaks in -next from LEGACY to LINEAR conversion

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Jul 18 2012 - 12:10:20 EST

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 07:57:49PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> -next fails to boot for me today on my s3c64xx based systems. Walking
> back to the last time I tried and bisecting likely branches I find that
> commit 910139 (irqdomain: Replace LEGACY mapping with LINEAR) is the one
> that introduces the build break. Unfortunately the boot fails before I
> get a console which makes diagnosis somewhat more tricky than would be
> ideal. Any ideas?

Further data: the irq_domain_associate_many() calls that we're now doing
are also causing WARN_ON()s to go off during boot after commit 98aa46
(irqdomain: Support for static IRQ mapping and association) causing
breakage for my interrupt using MFDs.

I don't really have time to investigate now but backing out that commit
seems to make things much happier, I suspect there's some collision with
IRQs allocated statically by the platform but I don't immediately see
what's new here.