Re: QUESTION: Why might Linux suddenly stop replying to pings for noapparent reason?

From: Terry Phelps
Date: Wed Jul 18 2012 - 11:42:20 EST

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, richard -rw- weinberger
<richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Terry Phelps <tgphelps50@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have this strange recurring problem with SEVERAL machines, all
>> running the Oracle "Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel", which is based on
>> the 3.0.16 kernel.
>
> Ask Oracle.

Is there some way to "ask Oracle", in which my question will get to
someone who can possibly help me? I've tried contacting "Oracle Linux
support". They're hopeless. I've posted my question to Oracle forums,
and even general Linux forums, but all I get is boilerplate networking
advice (check ifconfig, check your routes, check your switches, check
autonegotiation, etc.) that doesn't address the specific symptoms I'm
seeing.

If I should be posting my question to somewhere other than the
linux-kernel mailing list, please advise me where that might be. It
sure looks like something in the kernel isn't working properly
somewhere.