Re: linux-next: Trees and MAINTAINERS of random drivers?

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Wed Jul 18 2012 - 07:28:58 EST

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 13:09 +0200, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> 26 dwmw2 git
>> git://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/random-2.6.git#master
>
> I'm misusing the word 'random' to mean 'miscellaneous' there; it's not
> for things related to entropy.

Hehe, that's a nice one and reminds of [1] (German).
A customer asking a hotline (focused on professional Linux support)
for "apache" support and at the end the guy was talking about "Apache
Air Assault" game.

...rename the branch to "misc"?
[ "misc" is IMHO a placeholder when someone finds no better meaningful
name, BTW I didn't look into your GIT tree. ]

- Sedat -

[1] http://www.heinlein-support.de/blog/blog/wenn-unser-support-an-seine-grenzen-stost/