[PATCH V3 0/6] mfd: tp6586x: enhancements in the driver
From: Laxman Dewangan
Date: Wed Jul 18 2012 - 02:29:45 EST
Doing some enhancements in the tps6586x core driver which is
based on some recent driver framework enhancements.
Following are highlights of changes:
- Use devm for allocation to remove the code for freeing it.
- Use regmap i2c for register access in place of direct i2c apis.
This will give the debug fs and cache functionality through regmap
- Use the regmap caching for some fo register in place of local
- Move the gpio support driver to the drivers/gpio and implement it as
platform driver. The registration will be done as mfd sub devices.
Changes V1 -> V2:
- Remove the unnecessariy header inclusion in the gpio-tps6586x.
- To avoid bisect functionality break, grep the user of tps6586x and
found that tegra_defconfig is only using this. Added the
GPIO_TPS6586x in config variable on this series.
This results 6 patch on this series.
- Revert the irq regsitration through devm_* and used normal api.
- Rebased the series with above change as there was conflict.
Laxman Dewangan (6):
mfd: tps6586x:use devm managed resources
mfd: Use regmap for tps6586x register access.
mfd: tps6586x: cache register through regmap
gpio: tps6586x: add gpio support through platform driver
ARM: tegra: defconfig: enable tps6586x gpio
mfd: tps6586x: remove gpio support from core driver
arch/arm/configs/tegra_defconfig | 1 +
drivers/gpio/Kconfig | 7 +
drivers/gpio/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/gpio/gpio-tps6586x.c | 158 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/mfd/Kconfig | 3 +-
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c | 296 +++++++++++---------------------------
6 files changed, 256 insertions(+), 210 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/gpio/gpio-tps6586x.c
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/