Re: [RFC/PATCH] Use kernel supplied MMU info for kvm tool

From: Michael Ellerman
Date: Tue Jul 17 2012 - 22:08:00 EST

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 17:09 +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Matt Evans <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Just had a look, all good. Thanks for tidying some old FIXMEs, especially
> > the page/segment DT props encoding grot -- and the designated inits in the
> > cpuinfo struct, whew, I heard the scream on IRC. Sorry. ;-)
> >
> > Acked-by: Matt Evans <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Applied, thanks guys!

Thanks Pekka.

It occurred to me overnight that I forgot to mention that in order to
build the new code you need the headers from a 3.5-rc1 era kernel (for
the ioctl & KVM_CAP definitions).

The easiest way to do that is to merge linus' tree into kvmtool.

Are you planning on doing that in the master kvmtool tree anytime soon?
It's still based on 3.4-rc1 it seems.

cheers