Re: [RFC/PATCH] Use kernel supplied MMU info for kvm tool

From: Matt Evans
Date: Tue Jul 17 2012 - 05:33:05 EST

Hi Michael,

On 2012-07-17 06:00, Michael Ellerman wrote:

This is a series for kvmtool that uses a newish kernel API to get
MMU info, which is then fed to the guest.

Currently we just make a good guess based on the PVR, but that is
potentially flakey in a few ways. The most notable is that if you don't
specify hugepages we don't boot - because the guest is told we support
16M pages, but we don't really (on HV).

Just had a look, all good. Thanks for tidying some old FIXMEs, especially the page/segment DT props encoding grot -- and the designated inits in the cpuinfo struct, whew, I heard the scream on IRC. Sorry. ;-)

Acked-by: Matt Evans <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Matt