Re: [RFD] PM: Device tree representation of power domains

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Jul 04 2012 - 07:56:35 EST

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 11:02:17PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> I actually don't have any ideas how to do that at the moment, but I wonder
> if anyone has already thought about it?

> For one, I don't think that representing a power domain as a platform device
> would be a good approach and I'm not sure how to represent the relationships
> between devices and the domains they belong to.

I guess the OMAP hwmod stuff is the closest thing we've got at the
minute (I don't recall seeing any other implementations in mainline) but
the hwmods themselves don't appear in the DTS right now. They have a
ti,hwmods property on each device naming the hwmod it's in, something
like that seems like a reasonable approach, possibly a reference to
another DT node rather than or as well as a string? That seems fairly
easy.