Re: AMD FX CPU bug, not fixed by latest microcode?

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 14:26:33 EST

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 09:30:03AM +0200, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
This one locked up on my machine but memtest86+ 4.20 detected 12
different addresses with faulty bits in the lower 16GB. Applying for
warranty.
If you have multiple DIMMs, you can also take out the DIMM which
contains the 16GB and rerun memtest to confirm it really is the culprit.

I did exactly that, the remaining two 8GB modules don't have faults
according to memtest86+ and the machine is stable with "make -j8"
in the kernel tree. Neither thunderbird nor firefox crashed for a day,
these are the usual victims when hitting the bad memory address.