Re: gma500: Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768

From: Christian Gmeiner
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 17:58:33 EST

2012/6/12 Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Was there a special reason for 0x4108 to be left out in the IS_MRST macro?
>> To me it looks like the bitmask should have been updated in commit:
>>
>> gma500: Add the E6xx PCI identifier we are missing
>> 56125db1eecf8d34d84f7925686110d90724edf0
>>
>> If this is the case, I'll send a proper patch since this also applies to
>> stable 3.3.x and 3.4.x
>
> Firstly it should never matter - there are no Moorestown devices in
> circulation. E600T is very similar to Oaktrail.
>
> So the real question here seems to be why does the IS_MRST macro matter.
> What weird firmware is involved here ?

My company is using these cpu bords for our products:
http://www.congatec.com/en/products/qseven/dView/conga-qa6.html

With firmware you mean BIOS or VBios or ...? If you tell me what you need, I may
ask our supplier for more informations. I can tell you that the
following options can be
changed in the BIOS regarding gfx - see
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btlciurz0ih4fhu/IMG_20120612_143431.jpg

---