[GIT PULL] nohz: Generalize nohz APIs for adaptive tickless

From: Frederic Weisbecker
Date: Mon Jun 11 2012 - 12:53:31 EST

Ingo,

As per your suggestion I think it may be time to start a tree in -tip
and iterate incrementally there with what looks to me like the
uncontroversial bits of nohz cpusets.

This pile does the preparatory work to make the nohz API idle-agnostic
so that we are able to stop and restart the tick from non-idle places.

If you're fine with it, it's pullable there:

git://github.com/fweisbec/linux-dynticks.git
nohz-for-tip

Frederic Weisbecker (5):
nohz: Separate idle sleeping time accounting from nohz logic
nohz: Make nohz API agnostic against idle ticks cputime accounting
nohz: Rename ts->idle_tick to ts->last_tick
nohz: Move ts->idle_calls incrementation into strict idle logic
nohz: Move next idle expiry time record into idle logic area

include/linux/tick.h | 8 +-
kernel/time/timer_list.c | 4 +-

1.7.5.4