Re: [GIT PULL 00/15] perf/urgent fixes

From: David Ahern
Date: Wed Jun 06 2012 - 23:52:51 EST

On 6/6/12 12:50 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
Hm, I got this build failure:

bench/mem-memcpy.c: In function âbench_mem_memcpyâ:
bench/mem-memcpy.c:193:2: error: implicit declaration of function âperf_atollâ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
bench/mem-memcpy.c:193:2: error: nested extern declaration of âperf_atollâ [-Werror=nested-externs]

Which appears to be a result of:

6b7df4a0237a perf tool: Build fix, remove duplicate declarations

Those declarations were not so unused on this fresh install of
Fedora 17.

Luckily, the offending commit was the last one in the series, so
I merged your tree at cb7225f, excluding only the buggy commit.

Thanks,

Ingo

I see the problem now: I had a stale util/string.h file which was removed by e206d556. Local problem (stupidity) as to why. Sorry for the noise.

Arnaldo: please drop the patch.

David