Re: thermal_zone trip_point_0_temp 200ÂC

From: Mark
Date: Mon Jun 04 2012 - 10:42:03 EST

Hi Rui,

Thanks for writing;

On 06/03/2012 10:56 PM, Zhang Rui wrote:
> Usually, the critical trip point value is a hard coded number provided
> by the BIOS.
200Â though, possibly the kernel should set a default upper limit, unless there's
a rational reason
> About fan control, it seems that there is no ACPI FAN on this machine,
> so the fan may be controlled either by firmware or by some platform
> specific driver.
> To make a double check, it would be great if you can refer to
> http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/acpi/utilities.php
> to get the acpidump output of this machine.
>
> thanks,
> rui

I'm tending to a similar conclusion, it looks as though that's generally the case
with many Aspires; there is a script for poking the hardware registers
http://code.google.com/p/aceracpi/source/browse/trunk/acer_ec/acer_ec.pl referred
to at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=4657451 though it
sounds a somewhat risky/random business without the manufacturers' specifications
at the ready

there are 2-3 symbols in the ACPI that may be relevant, FANG, FANW, possibly
FANU; I attach the relevant files

thanks for helping me :)

Best regards

Mark