Re: linux-next: manual merge of the l2-mtd tree with Linus' tree

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Tue May 29 2012 - 03:42:33 EST

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 12:45 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> On Tue, 29 May 2012 12:33:01 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This tree (l2-mtd) needs to be updated since most of its patches (but not
> > commits) have been merged into upstream trees. Artem, you and Dave
> > Woodhouse need to discuss your work flow. (Or I just need to remove the
> > l2-mtd tree from linux-next.)
>
> I fact, I screwed up the various merge resolutions that the above mess
> caused, so I just dropped the l2-mtd tree for today. Please fix it up.

That is generally the intention. As discussed when we added the l2-mtd
tree to linux-next, it is operating as my 'patchwork' with Artem's
initial review. So dropping it when it conflicts with the main tree is
what we would expect.

I actually rounded everything up from Artem's tree 2 weeks ago, and
committed it with minor fixes and one rejected patch. Unfortunately,
when 'git push' told me "Everything up-to-date" it was lying, so that
didn't make it onto the *server* until yesterday when I noticed;
apologies for that.

--
dwmw2