Re: [tip:sched/core] sched/numa: Rewrite the CONFIG_NUMA sched domainsupport

From: Jiang Liu
Date: Mon May 28 2012 - 20:33:03 EST

Hi Yinghai,
Does this patch fix your issue? https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/5/9/183.
I have encountered a similar issue on an IA64 platform and the patch above
works around it. But the root cause is a BIOS bug that the order of CPUs
in MADT table doesn't conform to the ACPI specification and the first CPU
in MADT is not the BSP, which breaks some assumption of the booting code
and causes the core dump.
Thanks!