Re: [git pull] Input updates for 3.5-rc0

From: Mark Lord
Date: Fri May 25 2012 - 15:14:39 EST

On 12-05-24 03:58 PM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> On the topic of naming - nobody cares what input devices are called as
> long as they are unique. Userspace does not work with input devices
> directly (there is no API), they are working with iterfaces (such as
> evdev) that have their own interfaces and names.

I regularly work with input devices from userspace,
using the "lsinput" "xinput", and "input-kbd" commands (among others)
from various shell scripts.

So I guess that makes me one of those anonymous "nobody" types
who "don't care" about it.

Usually the device naming I see there makes some kind of sense.