Re: tracing ring_buffer_resize oops.

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 16:18:08 EST

On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 16:05 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> > > happens every time for me so far.
> >
> > Did you also do a make mrproper and try again?
>
> ok, that's nasty. Works fine after a make clean.

Thanks for verifying. I'm thinking this is a build bug. Something's not
cleaning up properly. It may be with the recordmcount code. Perhaps
objects needed to change where the mcount calls are and did not?

I'll try other things to see if I can trigger this again. Then I'll save
off the build tree, do a make clean, rebuild, and compare what's
different.

-- Steve