Re: 3.3.6 boot failure regression

From: Akemi Yagi
Date: Sun May 20 2012 - 12:12:57 EST

On Mon, 14 May 2012 09:52:59 -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:

> On an HP Elite 8200 machine (Intel Sandy Bridge CPU, Cougar Point
> chipset), 3.3.6 hangs up on boot right after "Probing EDD.. ok". There
> is no more output after that, though it does respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del to
> reboot. 3.3.5 worked fine. I am using the kernel-ml RPM builds from
> ELRepo for Scientific Linux 6.
>
> Any suggestions on boot options, etc. to help narrow it down? Compiling
> a custom kernel would be somewhat inconvenient on this machine.

Robert,

I forwarded your post to the maintainer of ELRepo's kernel-ml, Alan
Bartlett. He has now released kernel-ml-3.3.6-2.el6.elrepo. Please test
this version.

In the future, if you encounter any issue with kernel-ml, please post to
ELRepo's mailing list or bug tracker, not this list because this is not
related to the kernel code but rather a configuration issue.

Akemi