Re: [ 00/53] 3.2.18-stable review

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Fri May 18 2012 - 18:05:08 EST

Hi Ben,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:00:56PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 11:22 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
(...)
> > Ben, care to put the tarball somewhere so I can update it, or should I
> > be poking the kernel.org admins to get you write access to this
> > directory (I think the later would be best...)
>
> Seems like it might be easier for everyone if I would just send the rc1
> combined patch in email. Anyway, here it is as an attachment.

I too think that sending rc patches along with the email is better,
especially for longterm branches which tend to see their patch size
drop quickly. In fact it offers more flexibility for sending updates
when something is known to be broken, and I'm really not convinced
at all that anyone downloads the longterm pre-releases without having
received the announcement email !

Just my 2 cents,
Willy