Re: [patch 0/5] refault distance-based file cache sizing

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Thu May 17 2012 - 09:11:51 EST

On 05/16/2012 01:25 AM, nai.xia wrote:
Hi Johannes,

Just out of curiosity(since I didn't study deep into the
reclaiming algorithms), I can recall from here that around 2005,
there was an(or some?) implementation of the "Clock-pro" algorithm
which also have the idea of "reuse distance", but it seems that algo
did not work well enough to get merged?

The main issue with clock-pro was scalability.

Johannes has managed to take the good parts of clock-pro,
and add it on top of our split lru VM, which lets us keep
the scalability, while still being able to deal with file
faults from beyond the inactive list.

--
All rights reversed