Re: Boot error: x86/efi/ioremap kconfig:x86_64-nfsroot commit:a790068

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Thu May 17 2012 - 02:59:54 EST

Hi Matt,

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 07:34:55AM +0100, Matt Fleming wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 11:06 +0800, wfg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > FYI, starting from this commit, the kernel immediately reboots in my
> > kvm boot tests..
>
> Hi Fengguang,
>
> Yeah, this commit is broken. I pushed it to my repository so that I
> could test it on all of my machines, but quickly discovered that it
> contains some bugs.

OK, I got it.

> How come you are running are kernel built from that branch? I only
> created it yesterday. The majority of branches in my repository are work
> in progress, at least until they appear in a pull request on lkml. Which
> means they may contain blatantly broken commits.

I happen to be building a kernel test backend for our team and
hopefully for the wider kernel community.

What I do is to fetch a number of git trees (including yours) into my
test server, iterate through *all* remote branches and test out *every
single* commits there.

> But anyway, thanks for testing as it confirms that the commit is indeed
> buggy!

My pleasure :)

Thanks,
Fengguang