Re: Build regressions/improvements in v3.4-rc7

From: John David Anglin
Date: Wed May 16 2012 - 20:27:49 EST

On 16-May-12, at 10:46 AM, James Bottomley wrote:

Wow, lib/mpi/ is a complete horror: it's full of hand crafted asm code.
The error in this case appears to be that umul_ppm() is implemented as
an xmpyu instruction. That's a floating point instruction. We
deliberately compile the kernel with floating point disabled because we
don't want to save and restore the floating point register file on each
context switch, hence the operand constraints are unsatisfiable.

I haven't tried this but I think the parisc implementation of umul_ppmm
can be deleted. There is a generic version in the file.

Dave
--
John David Anglin dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx