Re: Plumbers: Tweaking scheduler policy micro-conf RFP

From: mou Chen
Date: Tue May 15 2012 - 04:34:32 EST

Hi Vincent

There is no necessary to change the scheduling policy for for a
SPECIFIC work. In case changing the scheduling policy just for this
reason will drop the total performance at all. People know that
desktop scheduler is for interactivity and server scheduler is for
throughput and we are just designing a scheduler for these 2 groups of
task.

All right you may not agree with me at all. However, changing the
policy for a SPECIFIC work is unnecessary. Or it is more better to
share about "how to make a scheduler for yourselves" with people who
don't know how to write a scheduler. :-)

Chen