Re: [Patch 3/4] memblock: limit memory address from memblock

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon May 14 2012 - 12:52:19 EST

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:58:54PM +0900, Yasuaki Ishimatsu wrote:
> Setting kernelcore_max_pfn means all memory which is bigger than
> the boot parameter is allocated as ZONE_MOVABLE. So memory which
> is allocated by memblock also should be limited by the parameter.
>
> The patch limits memory from memblock.

I see no reason why we need two limits for memblock.
And if we really require two limits then please use a function
to set it.
All other setup/etc. towoards memblock is via function,
and starting to introduce magic variables is confusing.

Also new stuff in memblock shal have a nice comment
describing the usage. that we in the past has failed to
do so is no excuse.

Sam