Re: [RFC] Common clock framework for external clock generators

From: Mark Brown
Date: Sun May 13 2012 - 12:43:07 EST

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 06:30:55PM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarh wrote:

> One question that remains from my original RFC is the missing
> clk_unregister() as i2c can be removed there also should be an
> function to unregister previously registered clocks?

One of the patches I've been sending adds a dummy clk_unregister() for
the sake of making the drivers look nicer - practically speaking it's
not likely to be terribly important as these things don't get unloaded
terribly often. It looks like that patch didn't get applied either.

Mike's stuff is due to hit -next on Monday so I was planning to refresh
my driver and resend it then, probably with the unregister() though I'm
considering just removing the unregistration code to try to get make it
a bit more likely to get applied.