Re: Kmemleak feature

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Thu May 10 2012 - 13:22:04 EST

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 05:42:35PM +0100, Anbu Manikandan wrote:
> As suggested by you, I have executed Kmemleak on 2.6.35-kernel and 3.0-RT
> kernel.
> I have noticed that Kmemleak behavior is little different between 2.6.35 and
> 3.0-RT kernel for vmalloc allocation memory leak. There is no entry for vmalloc
> allocation memory leak in 3.0-RT kernel.
> I tried modifying min_count value for vmalloc allocation from "3" to "4" as
> below in 3.0-RT kernel:

I can reproduce the missing vmalloc report on a non-rt 3.4-rc3 kernel as
well, so something must have changed in the vmalloc code in the past
months. A suspecting commit is f5252e00 but I need to investigate
whether a third reference to the vmalloc'ed pointer is stored in the
generic code somewhere before we decide to bump the min_count to 4.

--
Catalin