Re: Realtek codec eating up battery?

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Apr 16 2012 - 09:31:01 EST

Hi Iwai-san,

On Mo, 16 Apr 2012, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> There should be no kernel change for such a problem.

Thanks.

> Basically the above message means that no power-saving feature is
> kicked off.

Indeed, I now installed laptop-mode-tools and suddenly the
HDA disappeared from the list of power consumers ..

I don't know *what* has changed in Debian/sid recently that this
not-saving became the default, but it happened, because I regularly
check with powertop and never saw the HDA before.

Anyway, thanks, back to normal.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094