Re: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review

From: Felipe Contreras
Date: Sat Apr 14 2012 - 15:34:09 EST

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 06:29:54PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> So, the hypothetical patch that was dropped in the stable review queue
>> yesterday has to be fixed in mainline too, just like the hypothetical
>> patch that made it to stable and was found problematic today has to be
>> fixed in mainline.
>
> Patches are not always dropped from the stable queue if we know they're
> causing issues, sometimes they're left pending in the queue. This is how
> Greg is able to ping developers from time to time.

That's news to me, but the important point remains; they don't make it
into the stable release, correct? Yet, we still expect them to be
fixed in mainline, correct?

>> Again, what makes a released patch undroppable?
>
> Being applied, in other words, having a commit ID in the branch.

Seriously? That's your reason?

Hey, thousands of users out there; the reason why we pushed a patch
that is known to be broken in v3.3.x is because it already has a
commit ID.

If that's your idea of a good reason then I don't see any point in
discussing with you any more. No offense intended.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras