Re: suspicious RCU usage warnings in 3.3.0

From: David Miller
Date: Fri Apr 13 2012 - 10:56:06 EST

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:35:13 -0700

DANGER WILL ROBINSON, McKenney is hacking sparc64 assembler!
:-))))

> My main concern about my patch is my removal of this line:
>
> bne,pn %icc, __handle_softirq
>
> It is quite possible that this should instead change to look as follows:
>
> bne,pn %icc, __handle_preemption

I would say it should not, because the __handle_softirq code path,
if taken, unconditionally branches to the very next instruction
after this branch and it's delay slot.

> Anyway, patch with updated changelog below.

Great work, I'll apply this after I test it out a bit myself.

Thanks a lot Paul!