Re: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Apr 12 2012 - 18:14:30 EST

From: Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 01:04:42 +0300

> Wrong is wrong, before or after the 3.3.1 tag, this patch is not
> 'stable' material, and removing it does not affect upstream at all.

What you don't understand is that bug fixes will get lost if you only
fix them in -stable, it doesn't matter HOW THEY GOT into -stable.

In fact IT HAS FUCKING HAPPENED that we didn't fix something upstream
that got fixed in -stable a time long ago when we didn't have the
policy we're using now which you're going so unreasonably ape-shit
about.

And we didn't notice the discrepency until much later.

So the issues are real, there's proven precendence, and you're just
so wrong it's not even funny.