Re: [v3.4-rc1] ACPI regression bisected

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Apr 12 2012 - 15:26:48 EST

I feared that. So now is the question whether there is a way to mask
the interrupt at the "device" level.

Probably not. Len?

If not, I could be persuaded to provide a mechanism to force thread
all interrupts which are on that line, if there's a good argument to
do so.

Hmm, we could probably just use a work queue for this instead. I guess i drank the threaded
interrupt kool aid too much when I did the patch :-)

I'll switch over to a workqueue.

Meanwhile the patch can be just reverted. The patch that needed it (delays in EC access to
work around buggy Acer EC) was not merged by Len so far, so there's nothing in tree right
now that relies on the thread.

For 3.4 I think reverting is the right approach.

-Andi