Regression due to "ath9k: fix going to full-sleep on PS idle"

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Apr 12 2012 - 00:23:49 EST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12.04.2012, Sergio Correia wrote:
>
>> is there any chance for this one to be included in this review cycle?
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg87999.html
>
> Thanks for pointing this out! This patch fixes my network problems
> which forced me to go back to a previous kernel.

You guys need to fix the subject line (like this), and make sure that
the right people are cc'd. This is not a "stable" issue - stable
cannot revert stuff that hasn't been reverted upstream.

So instead of stable and Greg, it should be netdev and Davem.

David/John: multiple people are complaining about that commit. It
really should be reverted, or a fix found. It's broken.

I can do the revert, but it would be better coming from the networking people.

Linus