Re: Trying to make a working kernel with the gold linker

From: Ted Ts'o
Date: Wed Apr 11 2012 - 14:05:22 EST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 06:51:07AM +0200, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:

> Yes. I use it regularly. The last problems were fixed two years ago.
> Please try a more recent version.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Next stupid question; for a variety of
reasons, the Corporate I/T folks require that I stay stuck on Ubuntu
10.04. Are there any incompatibility problems with using the most
recently released binutils-gold and gcc 4.4.3-4ubuntu5.1? Basically,
can I just compile a new version of binutils, or do I need to upgrade
my entire compiler toolchain?

Thanks,

- Ted